Here's how we're playing it safe at alert level 2
We're excited to be back! Please see information below on how we will be ensuring a safe shopping experience for you, and a few new guidelines for shopping at alert level 2.
Important information for visiting North City at Alert Level 2:
- You must now legally wear a face covering to visit a shopping centre, and stores.* If you don’t have a mask contact the Customer Service Desk on 04 237 5569 and the team will be able to assist you. *Please be mindful that some people cannot wear a face covering. For example, some people who have a disability or health condition may not be able to wear a face covering safely or comfortably. Also excluded are children under 12 yrs. Click here for more info about mask wearing at covid19.govt.nz.
- Please contact trace with QR codes at our entries, and at stores you visit. Manual sign-in forms are also available at the Customer Service Desk.
- Unfortunately we have had to limit Foodcourt seating numbers due to the new guidelines, so where possible please choose takeaway options. (Face coverings can be taken off while seated here eating and drinking).
Centre Shopping Hours
To allow our customers plenty of time to visit with us and to limit congestion, North City is open our usual hours listed below.
|Monday||9.00am – 6.00pm|
|Tuesday||9.00am – 6.00pm|
|Wednesday||9.00am – 6.00pm|
|Thursday||9.00am – 9.00pm|
|Friday||9.00am – 6.00pm|
|Saturday||9.00am – 6.00pm|
|Sunday||10.00am – 6.00pm|
- At North City, keeping our community safe is our priority and we want to reassure our valued customers and let you know that we have measures in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our community. Some of these measures include;
- Rigorous cleaning, hygiene and sanitisation regimes will continue with a focus on public spaces, particularly our high touch point surfaces.
- Monitoring (and managing if required) customer numbers in Centre.
- Hand sanitiser is available at main entries and key locations throughout the Centre.
Playing it safe
- While we are operating under Alert Level 2, we will monitor the number of people in the Centre at any one time and limits can be applied if required in accordance with the requirements of the Government guidelines. Our people counting systems will be utilised to monitor numbers.
- Our retail stores;
- Wearing face coverings
- Social distancing of 2m
- Contact tracing QR Code and manual forms
- Must meet all other health, safety and hygiene requirements.
How you can help
- Contact tracing and wearing a face covering
- Follow social distancing guidelines when visiting – please keep 2m apart where possible.
- Washing and drying hands thoroughly.
- Covering coughs and sneezes.
- Staying home if you are feeling unwell or have any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms.
Play areas and seating zones
- For your safety we have removed or closed our play areas, and you are encouraged to maintain distancing when using Centre seating zones.
- We’re following the Government social distancing guidelines and you’ll see signage in-centre to remind everyone to keep 2 metres from other customers.
- We have facilitated queuing and limited the amount of seating available in our Foodcourt to maintain social distancing measures.
- Our cleaning team will ensure tables in the Foodcourt are sanitised and cleaned between each use.
Customer Service Desk
- We have installed safety screens on our Customer Service Desks and may need to limit staff numbers to ensure social distancing, so please use the queuing system and we appreciate your patience.
- Wheelchairs are available, however pushchairs will be unavailable until further notice. (Except for emergencies)
- Gift Cards will be available for purchase either at the Customer Service Desk using contactless eftpos systems, or online here.
- Contact tracing is available at each entry to the Centre and also at the Customer Service Desk.
- Disposable face masks are available here if required. Call 04 237 5569 for assistance with this.
- Stores may need to manage the numbers of customers entering the store to meet their health and safety requirements.
- If you are required to queue outside a store we ask that you queue parallel to the store front and keep common mall space as clear as possible. Please follow the direction of the store team.