Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (terms) apply to the use of the www.north-city.co.nz website and each of its sub-domains (Website) owned by WestCity Pty Ltd and managed by Colliers International Real Estate Management (CIREM). We may change these terms at any time by posting changes on the Website. You will be bound by any such modifications or revisions from the time that they are made. Please read these terms carefully before you start using the Website. By accessing or using the Website you agree to be bound to these terms. If you don’t accept them, you should not use the Website.
In the handling of your information, we follow a policy of “informed consent”. In using the varied features of this Website, you may occasionally provide information, such as your name, your contact information, or other information about yourself by which others may identify you. We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised access to your personal information. However, due to the nature of email and the internet, we cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of your personal information. When you provide us with personal information, that information may be collected, stored and processed on servers located outside of New Zealand. We will not disclose your personal information to any third party unless authorised by you or your representative(s) or where compelled to do so by law. We confirm that we will act in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
Use of Information
The personal information you provide may be used by us (and our employees, officers, agents, contractors and affiliates as defined below) for the following purposes:
- verifying your identity for use of our Website, to conduct address verification and to enrich your profile and search ability;
- to assist in providing better services to you by tailoring them to meet your needs;
- to provide you with further information about us or other websites or goods or services offered by us or our related companies or which we consider may be of interest to you;
- to carry out marketing, promotional and publicity purposes including direct marketing, market research and surveys;
- to keep our Website relevant and of interest to users;
- to show you advertising and information that is most relevant to you and your interests;
- analysis in aggregate form (identifiable characteristics removed so that you will remain anonymous); and
- any other purpose which is stated to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise authorise.
Sharing and disclosure
In relation to personal information we:
- will not disclose personal information we collect from you through our Website other than as set out in these terms or as otherwise agreed with you;
- may disclose information about you, including your personal information, to our affiliates (which means any person or other entity which directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with us) for the purposes set out in the above paragraph; and
- may disclose information about you, including your personal information, to our contractors and suppliers to enable them to provide services and products to us in relation to our Website including transaction processing services, hosting services and support services.
Information collected through our Website that does not identify users is owned by us and may be disclosed by us.
Consent to commercial electronic messages
By ticking “Yes” to the email newsletter box on this Website, you consent to receive commercial electronic messages marketing our goods and services and new products. You also consent to receiving any electronic messages containing updated information in relation to North City news and various other information of related interest. You may unsubscribe at any time to receiving such messages by following the unsubscribe process specified in any such electronic message that you receive.
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Website at any time and do not guarantee that the Website will be available to you at any time. Given the nature of the Internet and access thereto, CIREM does not warrant:
- that access to the Website will always be immediate or uninterrupted; or
- that the material on the Website will be free from infection, viruses or destructive code.
CIREM shall not be liable to you on any basis for any damage or loss suffered by you as a result of material on the Website infecting or damaging your computer equipment, software and any other electronic device.
The content of the Website is obtained from various sources and is subject to change without notice. We will try to make sure that the information on the Website is accurate and up-to-date, but do not guarantee that the content is reliable, accurate, or suitable for what you may want to use it for. Before relying or acting on any information on the Website, you should get independent professional advice.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage (direct or otherwise) you suffer in connection with your use of the Website or of any linked website or your use of, or reliance on, content contained on or accessed through the Website or any linked website. We also exclude any condition or warranty that could be implied into these terms (but only to the extent that this is allowed by law).
Software and Security
CIREM is not responsible for any technical or other issues that may arise if you download software from an external third party website (e.g. Acrobat Reader) or upgrade your browser software to enhance your usage of the Website. CIREM makes every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for users to own and use an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. CIREM does not accept responsibility for any loss, disruptions or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material from this Website.
Links to Other Sites
Certain links, including hypertext links, in our Website may take you outside our Website. Links are provided for your convenience and inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement or approval by us of the linked Website, its operator or its content. We are not responsible for the content of any website outside our Website.
You are welcome to create a hyperlink to the Website from another site owned by you. However, this link must not be presented on your website in any way that implies that the Website has an association with your website, or endorses your site or products. Our name or any of our logos may not be used on your website without our written consent. If you create a hypertext link to the Website, you are responsible for all direct and indirect consequences of the link. You indemnify us for all loss we suffer in connection with any link you have created.
CIREM either owns or otherwise has the right to use all copyright and other intellectual property rights in this Website and reserves all rights, save as provided in this disclaimer. You may electronically reproduce and store the contents of this Website solely for the purposes of viewing this Website, or saving Website content, for your own personal use. You may not display or distribute the content of any of these pages in public or where the content is accessible to the public, including any reproduction in any form on the Internet, without permission from CIREM.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless CIREM from and against any and all losses, liabilities, claims, demands, damages, proceedings and expenses whatsoever (including legal or other costs associated with the enforcement or realisation of this indemnity), as suffered or incurred by the CIREM arising directly or indirectly out of any breach of or non-fulfilment of any of the obligations or undertakings under these terms.
In the event of a change in ownership of all or a portion of our Website, your user information may be transferred to the new owner so that the Website can continue operations. In this event, your information would remain subject to the privacy provisions herein.
Compliance with Laws
You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations concerning your use of this Website.
If any part of these terms is unenforceable (including any provision excluding or limiting our liability) the enforceability of the remainder of these terms will not be affected.
The use of the Website and these terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand, and the courts of New Zealand shall have jurisdiction with respect to any legal action, suit or proceeding or any other matter arising out of or in connection with this Website.
Join our database and win a $100 North City Gift Card terms & conditions.
Information on how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions. By entering into this promotion you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The Promotion: Join the North City database and go into the draw to win a $100 North City Gift Card.
The Prize: 1x $100 North City Gift Card. There will be only one winner per month until February 2020.
The Promoter: Colliers International Real Estate Management on behalf of WestCity NZ Pty Ltd (North City).
The Promotional Period: The Promotion commences Saturday 01 September 2018 and ends on Saturday 29 February 2020 11.59pm
- To enter simply sign up to the North City customer database online at north-city.co.nz or by filling out a form at the North City Customer Service Desk between the Promotional Period. One entry per person.
- The Prize is not transferable, and may not be redeemed for cash.
- Gift Cards are valid for 24 months from date of issue and Gift Card Terms and Conditions of use apply.
- The Prize must be collected in person from the North City Centre Management office within 14 days of notification. Valid ID must be presented upon collection.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize draw will take place on the first week day of each month. The winner will be contacted by email within two days of the draw. In the event a winner cannot be contacted within 14 days of the prize draw, the prize will be redrawn.
- The winner agrees to make themselves available for reasonable promotional and publicity purposes including (but not limited to) the North City website, Facebook, in-centre posters and any other media that North City wishes to promote the winners on.
- North City and associated agencies and companies shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injuries suffered or sustained in connection with taking any of the prizes except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- North City reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
- The Promoter reserves the right to vary any of the terms of entry applying to this promotion or to modify, terminate, suspend or reschedule this promotion.
- The Promoter is not responsible for late or misdirected entries and takes no responsibility for any entries not correctly lodged through the accepted opportunities of entry.
- The Promoter is not responsible for the transmission or receipt of any incorrect information associated with entries, either caused by user error or any equipment or programming malfunction associated with the promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award the prize to an entrant who The Promoter decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the terms and conditions, does not meet the outlined criteria or has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion. In this case the prize will be redrawn.
- North City is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this promotion including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line, network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned including (but not limited to) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, technical failures, unauthorised intervention or any other causes beyond the control of The Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion with reference to all relevant state and territory regulations.
- By entering this promotion entrants consent to have their personal information collected and stored by The Promoter in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. You have the right to access your personal information and request correction of any errors in it pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993. The Promoter may use entrants’ personal information from entries to conduct the promotion and for its own future promotional and publicity purposes.
- This information will not be sold, rented, or passed on to any third party company.
- Subscribers can unsubscribe at any time.
Standard Promotion and Competition Rules
From time to time the Promoter runs various promotions and competitions at North City.
North City’s website contains (amongst other things) links to:
- Newsletter signups, NC Bubs and NC Kids Clubs
- Shopping Centre Facebook and Instagram pages.
These Standard Promotion and Competition Rules provide Participants with a base set of guidelines under which Promotions are held and by which entry and use of the North City website is governed. Please note that for specific promotions there may be specific terms and each Participant needs to check the shopping centre website for full details.
Definition and interpretation
For the purposes of these Standard Promotion and Competition Rules:
“North City” means the owner of North City Shopping Centre
North City Shopping Centre, 2 Titahi Bay Road, Porirua, Wellington
“North City website” means http://www.north-city.co.nz
“Participant” or “Entrant” means a person who enters into or participates in a Promotion or uses the North City website. Participant and Entrant are used interchangeably throughout these Terms and Conditions.
“Promoter” is Colliers International on behalf of the owner North City running the promotion.
Where the context requires or admits, words importing the singular shall include the plural and vice versa.
Terms and conditions
- These conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to all North City promotions or competitions (collectively “the Promotion”) conducted by any of the following mediums (or combination of the same) – radio, television, print, electronic messaging, mobile phone apps and internet. These conditions also apply to the use of North City’s website and the apps, clubs and promotions run through this website.
- By entering the Promotion and/or using the North City Website a Participant is deemed to accept and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The Terms and Conditions may change and be updated from time to time and Participants should check for regular updates and any specific competition terms and conditions.
- If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms and conditions, those specific rules or terms and conditions (as applicable) apply. If there is any inconsistency the specific rules trump these Terms and Conditions.
- By submitting an application or entry form (or similar) each Entrant warrants that all information submitted is true and correct. Incomplete, ineligible or incomprehensible applications/entries will be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter may refuse any application for membership or entry in its sole discretion. Unless otherwise stated in the specific terms and conditions for any Promotion any application or entry (as applicable) is limited to one (1) per person. If it becomes apparent that a Participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by any automated means that person or persons’ entries will be disqualified for the duration of the particular promotion (or at the Promoter’s discretion all future Promotions) and any prize awarded will be void. At the discretion of the Promoter, offenders may be criminally charged.
- No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter for lost or misdirected applications or entries.
- The Participant shall be solely responsible for any costs involved in entering the Promotion.
- Participants aged under 18 years of age must (where the Promotion allows entry) obtain the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the Promotion. These Terms and Conditions are deemed to bind the Participants and any parent or legal guardian who gives their consent (for Entrants aged under 18 years).
- All Participants in any Promotion must be New Zealand residents and, in addition to the requirements of clause 15 below, proof of such residency status may be required before any prize is handed over to any Promotion winner.
- The Promoter may run certain promotions where prizes may only be suitable for collection and ownership by the parent or legal guardian who gives their consent. The Promoter may make this election at any time without prior notice.
- Any prize draws will be conducted at a date and time to be determined by the Promoter. No correspondence will be entered into regarding any prize draws or results of any competition.
- All prizes must be taken as offered and are not transferable, refundable, exchangeable for cash or kind.
- Prize Winner(s) will be contacted via the details provided at the time of registering/entering (or similar) within a reasonable time after the applicable prize draw. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize if it is unable to contact a winner after three attempts (within 10 days after the draw). If the Entrant does not claim their prize within 10 days after the draw the prize will be forfeited. If a prize is to be by way of live draw only one (1) failed attempt to contact will be made. If the Entrant is not contactable on the one (1) attempt the Promoter may at its sole discretion redraw the prize. No correspondence will be entered into and special terms as regards notification and collection may be applied to particular Promotions at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
- Where the winner of any Promotion is required to claim the prize in person proof of identity will be required (including confirming consent of an Entrant’s parent or legal guardian and the name, age and address of the parent or legal guardian that gave their consent, where an Entrant is under 18 years of age). If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received within a reasonable time after request (to be determined by the Promoter at its sole discretion) then the entry of that Participant will be ineligible and deemed invalid.
- If a prize is forfeited the Promoter may at its sole discretion redraw the relevant prize and repeat the prize process.
- Any winner takes the prize at his/her own risk and indemnifies North City in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The winner is responsible for all insurance, tax and other costs that may be associated with the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in unlawful or improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. No correspondence will be entered into in this respect.
- The Promoter, any participating sponsors, retailers and their associated agencies and companies shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with their prize or the use of the applicable prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- Any attempt to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the North City Website, or any app linked to a Promotion or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other legal obligation by a Participant, the Participant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a mobile network, or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to a Participant’s or any other person’s mobile handset or computer related to, or resulting from, participation in the Promotion or the downloading of any materials related to the Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for the suspension or termination of the Promotion on any account whatsoever.
- All applications/entry forms and any copyright subsisting in the same remains the property of the Promoter.
- The Promoter collects personal information about a Participant to include a Participant in the Promotion and where appropriate award gifts and prizes. If the personal information requested is not provided, the Participant may not participate in the Promotion (at Promoter’s sole discretion).
- By participating in the Promotion, the Participant also acknowledges and agrees that a further primary purpose for collection of a Participant’s personal information by the Promoter is to enable the Promoter to use the information to assist the Promoter, North City and their retailers in improving goods and services and to contact the Participant in the future with information on special offers or provide the Participant with marketing materials via any medium or any other communications channel whether existing now or in the future.
- The Participant acknowledges that the Promoter may share any personal information collected in order to conduct a Promotion with third parties, including but not limited to sponsors, agents, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required to New Zealand regulatory authorities. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes. At any time, Participants may unsubscribe or opt out by providing a written request to Private Bag 50915, Porirua 5240.
- The Promoter requires persons and companies to which it discloses personal information to restrict their use of such information to the purposes for which it has been provided and not to disclose that information to others. The Promoter cannot be responsible, however, for any damages caused by the failure of unaffiliated third parties to honour their privacy obligations to the Promoter. Similarly, the Promoter is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites that are linked to the North City website.
- A Participant may have rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 which are not excluded or limited by anything set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- By partaking in the Promotion, all prize winners agree to participate in all promotional, public or marketing activity requested by the Promoter, related entities and its agents in connection with the Promotion and the use of the prize winner’s image or voice (including photograph, file and/or recording of the same) for an unlimited period of time without any notification, remuneration or compensation.
- The Promoter and North City promotes the shopping centre and the Promotions through Facebook. If a Participant engages or uses the North City Website such use is deemed to be acceptance of Facebook’s terms and conditions of use which includes for the avoidance of all doubt a complete release of Facebook by each Participant.
- If a Participant chooses to download and use a North City App the Participant is responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of their login details for the App and is responsible for any activity under their account. Each Participant agrees to immediately notify the Promoter of any unauthorised use of their account or password or any other breach of security. It is the Participant’s sole responsibility to control the dissemination and use of their password and control access to and use of their account. The Promoter and North City will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from a Participant’s failure to comply with this provision or for any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of the use of the particular App. If a Participant downloads or uses any North City App such action is deemed to be acceptance of any terms and conditions associated with the particular App.
- If a Promotion involves the Participant submitting and or sending materials, to include but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”) the Participant, unless the Promoter advises otherwise, licences and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
Participants agree that they are fully responsible for the Content they submit. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Participants warrant and agree that:
(i) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 13, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(ii) they will obtain prior consent from any person or property that appears in their Content;
(iii) they own the intellectual property in the Content or if the Content is not fully owned that they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein before submitting the Content;
(iv) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and
(v) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyrights, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the Participant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of this clause.
- In the event of any dispute or need for clarification as regards the Terms and Conditions, the Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter’s decision in relation to all other aspects of the Promotion is also final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Participation in any Promotion is open to all persons (unless excluded in specific terms and conditions) except:
(i) employees of North City Colliers International, and
(ii) retailers at North City and their respective employees.
The above restrictions also apply to immediate family members of such persons covered by (i) – (ii) above (including any spouse, child, defacto or any other family member residing at the same address as such person).
- Any application or entry from any person referred to in clause 35 above will be deemed invalid.
- The Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.
- Entry into any Promotion and use of the North City website is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.