North City Gift Cards
Shop at over 80 stores including Kmart, Farmers and Reading Cinemas with a North City Gift Card. It's easy to purchase your gift card now from our Customer Service team in-centre or online to be delivered.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I use my North City Gift Card?
Your Gift Card is accepted at all participating North City retailers, excluding temporary/casual retailers and the following non-participating retailers. Retailers may be subject to change at short notice. Contact the Customer Service Desk for the most current information.
ASB Bank, BNZ, Two Dollar Things Plus, Royal Roast, O & Bowl, Espresso Carwash Café, Lotus FX, Starbucks, City Chic, Synergy, 4 Season Nails & Beauty.
How long is a North City Gift Card valid for?
Our Gift Cards expires 24 months from the date of purchase. The expiry date is displayed on the back of the Gift Card or can be viewed online here. For more details please refer to our Terms and Conditions below.
Where can I purchase a North City Gift Card?
North City Gift Cards can be purchased in-centre at our Customer Service Desk on the ground level near Centre Stage. Payment can be made by cash, EFTPOS, Visa and MasterCard. *A 2% surcharge applies if using Visa or Mastercard.
Can I load more money onto a North City Gift Card?
North City Gift Cards can only be loaded with funds once, at the time of purchase.
How do I check the balance of my North City Gift Card?
Click here to check the balance of your Gift Card or you can visit or you can visit the Customer Service Desk in-centre and speak to one of our friendly Customer Service team members.
Can I exchange my Gift Card for cash?
North City Gift Cards cannot be exchanged for cash. North City Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase North City Gift Cards.
Can I check the transaction history of my Gift Card?
Yes, you can check the transaction history of your Gift Card online here or you can visit the Customer Service Desk in-centre and one of our friendly Customer Service team members can help you.
Can I get a refund if I change my mind?
North City Gift Cards are non-refundable if you change your mind.
What are the Gift Card Terms and Conditions?
NORTH CITY GIFT CARD – TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply where you use or purchase a North City Gift Card (“Gift Card”) or North City e-Gift Card (“e-Gift Card’).
- By using or purchasing a Gift Card or e-Gift Card, you agree to these Terms.
- If you allow another person to use or take possession of your Gift Card or e-Gift Card, you must tell that person that they will be bound by these Terms.
- In addition to these Terms, you should also refer to participating retailers’ general terms and conditions.
North City Gift Cards
- North City Gift Cards are issued by WestCity NZ Pty Limited & WestCity NZ Nominees Pty Ltd (“North City”) and are redeemable for merchandise or services sold at any participating retailer at North City. View our list of participating centres, retailers and where to use Gift Cards here.
- Gift Cards may not be used for any other purpose. Purchase with a Gift Card is as if the purchase was made by way of cash payment. Gift Cards may not be redeemed for cash. They are not legal tender, account cards, credit or debit cards or securities.
- A single Gift Card can be loaded with a minimum value of $5 and a maximum value of $1,000.
- Gift Card credit will expire 24 months from issue date. After expiry, the Gift Card is no longer valid. All transactions will be declined and any outstanding balance will be forfeited to North City. Find out the expiry date on your Gift Card and check your balance here.
- Gift Cards should be held in a secure place, as any person holding the Gift Card may be able to use it to make purchases.
- Lost or stolen Gift Cards will not be replaced. Any unused balance left on expiry will not be refunded.
- Gift Cards will be void and will not be redeemable if they are defaced, mutilated, altered or tampered with in any way.
- North City is not a party to any purchase contract using the Gift Card and are not liable for and make no warranty regarding the availability, quality or fitness for purpose of any goods or services purchased with the Gift Card. If you have a dispute about the goods or services, you must resolve the dispute with the retailer where you purchased them.
- If you wish to return goods to the retailer you purchased them from with your Gift Card, it is not possible to reimburse funds to the Gift Card. The retailer will need to provide a refund or credit, subject to the terms and conditions under which the original purchase was made at the store.
- The bearer of a Gift Card may not consolidate the balances of several Gift Cards onto a new Gift Card.
- North City reserves the right to cancel any Gift Card, or the Gift Card programme, for any reason at any time without notice. If this occurs, the balance on all valid Gift Cards will be refunded to the holder on presentation of the Gift Card.
- North City may vary these Terms from time to time by posting revised Terms on our website. If you already have a Gift Card and you are unhappy with any changes to the Terms, then the Gift Card balance will be refunded upon request as long as you make that request prior to the expiry of the Gift Card.
- Your Gift Card may not be copied or reproduced in any circumstances.
North City e-Gift Cards
- North City e-Gift Cards can be purchased online at www.north-city.co.nz/gift-cards (“Website”). The person purchasing the e-Gift Card is referred to as the “Contributor”.
- The Website allows the Contributor to email or SMS the e-Gift Card to the recipient’s nominated email address or mobile number at a nominated date (“Nominated Date”), provided that the Nominated Date must be no more than 30 days in advance of the date on which the e-Gift Card is purchased by the Contributor.
- Once set, the nominated email address or mobile number and Nominated Date cannot be changed.
- An e-Gift Card can be loaded with a minimum value of $10 and a maximum value of $500.
Redeeming an e-Gift Card
- Once the recipient has received the e-Gift Card, the recipient takes it to the Customer Service Desk at North City Shopping Centre and is issued with a physical Gift Card (or, if applicable, multiple Gift Cards).
- The e-Gift Card must be exchanged for a physical Gift Card at North City Shopping Centre located at 2 Titahi Bay Road, Porirua, New Zealand, within one year of the Nominated Date. If the e-Gift Card is not exchanged for a physical Gift Card by that date, the e-Gift Card will no longer be valid and the balance of the e-Gift Card will be forfeited to North City. Once the physical Gift Card is issued the standard Gift Card terms apply. The Gift Card will be valid for 24months from date of issue.
- Only the person who provides us with the e-Gift Card will receive the Gift Card.
- North City takes no responsibility if the e-Gift Card is obtained and used by the wrong person, where the wrong email address is used by the Contributor or where the e-Gift Card is lost or stolen, unless this is the fault of North City.
- Subject to any rights you may have at law, including under the Consumer Guarantees Act, all e-Gift Cards are sold on a no refund, exchange or cancellation basis.
- These Terms are governed by New Zealand law.
- We do not collect any credit card information in the purchase of gift cards online. This information is collected and used by Windcave.
What if my North City Gift Card is lost, stolen or damaged?
Whilst we do not take responsibility for lost stolen or damaged Gift Cards, in some situations we may be able to assist. You will need the original receipt or online order details from the Gift Card purchase as this has the details that we will need to identify your specific Gift Card. To enquire please call 04 237 5569 or visit our Customer Service Desk in-centre.