North City Gift Cards
Shop at over 80 stores including Kmart, Farmers and Reading Cinemas with a North City Gift Card. It's easy to purchase your gift card now from our Customer Service team in-centre or online.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I use my North City Gift Card?
Your Gift Card is accepted at all participating North City retailers, excluding temporary/casual retailers and the following non-participating retailers. Retailers may be subject to change at short notice. Contact the Customer Service Desk for the most current information.
ASB Bank, $2 Things, Royal Roast, O&Bowl, Espresso Carwash Café, Lotus FX
Can I still use a Kiwi Property Gift Card at North City?
Kiwi Property Gift Cards are no longer valid at North City.
For any queries on expired Kiwi Property Gift Cards you can call the Kiwi Property Gift Card Help Line on +64 9 573 4384.
How long is a North City Gift Card valid for?
Our Gift Cards expires 24 months from the date of purchase. The expiry date is displayed on the back of the Gift Card or can be viewed online here. For more details please refer to our Terms and Conditions.
Where can I purchase a North City Gift Card?
North City Gift Cards can be purchased in-centre at our Customer Service Desk on the ground level near Centre Stage. Payment can be made by cash, EFTPOS, Visa and MasterCard. You can also purchase a gift card online. Click here for more information.
Can I load more money onto a North City Gift Card?
North City Gift Cards can only be loaded with funds once, at the time of purchase.
How do I check the balance of my North City Gift Card?
Click here to check the balance of your gift card or you can visit or you can visit the Customer Service Desk in centre and speak to one of our friendly customer service team members.
Can I exchange my Gift Card for cash?
North City gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash. North City Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase North City gift cards.
Can I check the transaction history of my Gift Card?
Yes, you can check the transaction history of your gift card online here or you can visit the Customer Service Desk in-centre and one of our friendly Customer Service team members can help you.
Can I get a refund if I change my mind?
North City Gift Cards are non-refundable if you change your mind.
What are the Gift Card Terms and Conditions?
NORTH CITY GIFT CARD – TERMS & CONDITIONS
- By purchasing and/or using a North City Gift Card (Gift Card) you accept these terms and conditions. Any other person who uses your Gift Card will also be bound by these terms and conditions.
- North City may change these terms and conditions from time to time by uploading the changed/new terms and conditions to the North City website. The changes shall be applicable from the date they are uploaded to the North City website. The terms and conditions will also be available at the North City Customer Service Desk.
- Gift Cards are redeemable for goods or services sold at any of North City’s Participating Retailers, which may be subject to change without notice. Kiosks operated by third parties may not accept Gift Cards. A list of current non-participating retailers is available by contacting the North City Customer Service Desk. ATM machines and Banks are not Participating Retailers.
- You can load Gift Cards with any amount between $10 and $1000. The North City Gift Card can only be loaded with value once, at the time of purchase. You may not purchase additional credit to be added onto a Gift Card, you must purchase a new Gift Card.
- Your Gift Card will expire 24 months from the date of purchase. Any unused balance as at the expiry date will be forfeited and cannot be refunded to the Gift Card holder or original purchaser of the Gift Card or transferred to another Gift Card.
- You can check the balance and expiry date of your Gift Card online at north-city.co.nz or at the North City Customer Service Desk.
- You may not redeem Gift Cards for cash.
- Change will not be given.
- Please treat your Gift Card like cash. Keep your Gift Card in a safe place as North City will not replace lost or stolen cards.
- Do not allow any other person to use your Gift Card and do not give your Gift Card number to any unauthorised Do not interfere with the magnetic strip or barcode on your Gift Card or in any other way deface, alter or tamper with your Gift Card as this will void your Gift Card.
- North City is not liable for the availability, quality or fitness for purpose of any goods or services purchased with the Gift Card. If you have a dispute about goods or services you have purchased using a Gift Card you must resolve the dispute with the Participating Retailer from where you purchased the goods or services.
- If you return any goods, you cannot obtain a reimbursement of funds to your Gift Card. The Participating Retailer is responsible for providing a refund or store credit for goods or services, subject to the terms and conditions under which the original purchase was made, and your rights and the Participating Retailer’s obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- If you think there has been an error in a transaction involving your Gift Card (for example where too much has been deducted from the value of the Gift Card for a purchase), you should contact the Participating Retailer where the error was made to rectify the error.
- North City may cancel any Gift Card, or the Gift Card programme, for any reason, at any time and without notice. If North City do cancel, North City shall refund or replace with an alternative Gift Card the balance on valid Gift Cards to the holder on presentation of the Gift Card at the North City Customer Service Desk.
What if my North City Gift Card is lost, stolen or damaged?
Whilst we do not take responsibility for lost stolen or damaged gift cards, in some situations we may be able to assist, however you will need the original receipt from purchase, as this has the details that we need to identify your specific gift card. To enquire please call 04 237 5569 or visit our Customer Service Desk in-centre.